1. Weekly: Email to Families and Students via Skyward
- I send out a Skyward email with a link to the daily schedule and I highlight the work for the week.
2. Weekly: Daily/Weekly Schedule Updates
3. Weekly and As Needed: Screencasting Support
4. Weekly: Students Publish to Their Blogs
- Students publish their work at Edublogs.org. It’s free and only for academic purposes.
- Each student has a blog where they publish their work to establish a professional portfolio that can grow with them over the years.
- We have been doing this for 10 years. Students were cultured into the process before Covid-19
- I subscribe to the student blogs with Feedly.com which allows me to track what ad when they publish.
- Here is a student sample blog: https://rockbeatle.edublogs.org/.
- Students and parents sign a Social Media Contract at the beginning of the year, http://capitalcomtech.info/2017/02/14/contract-information/
- Students collect evidence of learning.
- They can write, embed images, embed recording via their OSD YouTube account, embed sound from online sound/music learning sites, etc.
5. Daily: Remind.com Messages to Highlight Exceptional / Inspiration Work
- I use Remind.com to send students and families (who signed on) a daily message that clarifies or inspires students with class-related material. I usually highlight student work that is well done, as an example for other students.