Video Game Design students were required to make a full game for 4th quarter showcase that used elements studied this year, starting from concept, progressing through design and implementation. They competed at their local school level and won the right to compete at this regional event.
All classes were given the same prompt and eight weeks to complete a game based on the prompt:
Your game must take place within one single room.
- “Think Keep Talking and No One Explodes, to The Room, to Toy Story.”
During this process, members of our Advisory Committee helped with refining ideas, setting up plans, giving feedback and a host of other support.
The contest took place at Highline High School Performing Arts Center in Burien, WA on Sunday, May 20. The videos embedded below are team presentations of game play followed verbal feedback by judges James Cardo, Bobby Stein, and Eric Carter. The videos are embedded in presentation order at the competition.
Skill Center Winners
- 1st Place – Recluse, Sno-Isle
- 2nd Place – Panic Mechanic, Sno-Isle
- 3rd Place – Cave Defender, Columbia Basin
High School Winners
- 1st Place – T-2:00, Capital
- 2nd Place – Whispy, Capital
Play the Games!
- Access the Google Drive Folder with the Games
- Download and play!
Capital High School
T – 2:00
Seattle Skills Center
Columbia Basin Technical Skills Center
Puget Sound Skills Center
Shadows in the Cabin