- Level 1.2 Discover self-motivation techniques and establish short-term goals
21st Century Skills
- Le Duc will place material here sooner than later…
Setting a Stretch Goal
Step 1 – Research Roles and Pick One
You can research roles at Career Exploration and then pick one listed below.
- Musician / Performer / Instrumentalist
- Sound Engineer
- Mix / Master
Step 2 – Research Process
- Freakonomics – How to Become Great at Just About Anything
Step 3 – Research Format
Step 4 – Create a Blog Post
- Create a blog post titled My Stretch Goal for the Year
- Copy and paste the following and fill in:
- Role – Pick a role, listed above, to focus on (director, musician, coder, etc. refer back to Career Exploration work)
- Goal – What is your goal?
- Why – Why do you want to achieve it?
- How – How will you acheive it?
- When – When will you work on it? 3 times a week? What days? How long per day?
- Resources – What resources do you need?
- Milestones – What smaller goals will you set along the way? Set weekly / monthly dates on a calendar. These are little celebrations of progress
- Heroines / Heroes – Who do you admire/ look up to that has done this before? Place their name(s) and a link to more info about them. Maybe Wikipedia?
Step 5 – Record an Introduction Interview with SoundCloud
- Create a soundcloud.com account
- Record your Stretch Goal steps in the recording studio
- Upload it to your SoundCloud account
- Embed at the top of your blog post