- Level 1.2 Discover self-motivation techniques and establish short-term goals
21st Century Skills
FINE-TUNING PERFORMANCES, PRESENTATION, and/or FINAL PRODUCT
- 10.B.1 Demonstrate additional attributes associated with producing high quality products including the abilities to:
- 10.B.1.a Work positively and ethically
- 10.B.1.b Manage time and projects effectively
- 10.B.1.c Multi-task 10.B.1.d Participate actively, as well as be reliable and punctual
- 10.B.1.e Present oneself professionally and with proper etiquette
- 10.B.1.f Collaborate and cooperate effectively with teams
- 10.B.1.g Respect and appreciate team diversity
- 10.B.1.h Be accountable for results
PORTFOLIO / PROFESSIONALISM
Make Judgments and Decisions
- 2.C.4 Interpret information and draw conclusions based on the best analysis
- 2.C.5 Reflect critically on learning experiences and processes
Be Self-Directed Learners
- 8.C.3 Demonstrate commitment to learning as a lifelong process
- 8.C.4 Reflect critically on past experiences in order to inform future progress
Create Media Products
- 5.B.1 Understand and utilize the most appropriate media creation tools, characteristics and conventions
Apply Technology Effectively
- 6.A.2 Use digital technologies (computers, PDAs, media players, GPS, etc.), communication/networking tools and social networks appropriately to access, manage, integrate, evaluate and create information to successfully function in a knowledge economy
Setting a Stretch Goal
Step 1 – Research Roles and Pick One
You can research roles at Career Exploration and then pick one listed below.
- Musician / Performer / Instrumentalist
- Sound Engineer
- Mix / Master
Step 2 – Research Process
- Freakonomics – How to Become Great at Just About Anything
Step 3 – Research Format
Step 4 – Create a Blog Post
- Create a blog post titled My Stretch Goal for the Year
- Copy and paste the following and fill in:
- Role – Pick a role, listed above, to focus on (director, musician, coder, etc. refer back to Career Exploration work)
- Goal – What is your goal?
- Why – Why do you want to achieve it?
- How – How will you acheive it?
- When – When will you work on it? 3 times a week? What days? How long per day?
- Resources – What resources do you need?
- Milestones – What smaller goals will you set along the way? Set weekly / monthly dates on a calendar. These are little celebrations of progress
- Heroines / Heroes – Who do you admire/ look up to that has done this before? Place their name(s) and a link to more info about them. Maybe Wikipedia?
Step 5 – Record an Introduction Interview with SoundCloud /YouTube
- Create a SoundCloud.com and /or YouTube account
- Record your Stretch Goal steps in the recording studio
- You need at least one recording every 30 days (once a month)
- Must be the same skill set, for each recording and growth must be obvious
- Upload it to your SoundCloud/YouTube account
- Embed in your blog post