In this area we investigate the use of IT in the health industry and medicine.
- Telemedicine: service delivery to isolated and remote areas
- Electronic health records: provacy, data analysis, public health
- Diagnostic and therapeutic tools: robotic surgery, prosthetic devices, diagnostic software, drug development and marketing
- Medical advice on the Internet or a CD-ROM
- Monitoring patients
- IT solutions for disabled people
- Hospital Information System
- Known as HIS, this system is a large database that connects with all sections of a hospital. For more information click here.
- Robotic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery is the latest method used by doctors in order to enhance the accuracy and safety in their procedures.
- For the latest information on Robotic Surgery click here.
- Radiology is the medical specialty directing medical imaging technologies to diagnose and sometimes treat diseases. Traditionally it was the branch of medical science dealing with the medical use of X-rays emitted by X-ray machines or other such radiation devices for the purpose of obtaining visual information as part of medical imaging. Click here to read on…
The content from this entry is from http://itgs.wikispaces.com and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License.